Assembly Honors Students Accomplishments

Donte Clyde

Students that obtained good grades were awarded a certificate on Monday, December 20th during an assembly first period and second period.

These certificates consist of Bronze, Silver, and Gold. People who received Bronze honor certificates had A’s B’s and no more than one C. People who received Silver honor certificates had A’s and B’s. People who received Gold honor certificates had all A’s.

“It felt great to be at the top honor roll”, said a gold-receiving 8th-grade student. “I worked hard to get it, I stayed constant with my work and made sure I didn’t have missing work.”

Grades help with a little more than just school. Some students are motivated to get good grades for sports.

“Receiving bronze honor roll is cool”, one student that received Bronze says. “Because I can impress high school coaches with my grades and put a smile on my parents’ face.”

Students that have good grades take more responsibility for their work. Missing work wouldn’t be a focus and you will have less stress.

“It felt great to be at the top honor roll”, said an 8th-grader. “I worked hard to get it, I stayed constant with my work and made sure I didn’t have missing work.”

The 7th-grade principal, Mr.Brown also had a little bit to say about the staff and the students who received the honor roll. He mentions how appreciative he is of students’ hard work in academics.

”I’m just very proud of all of the students who were able to achieve the honor roll. It shows the hard work that put in it was a great number of students that made it, which tells me that there are a lot of kids that are working hard to be successful”, said Mr.Brown. “I’m very happy with our teachers who take the time to work with the students to make sure that they’re on point and I just want them to continue to have great success. And anything that I can do to support them. I’m always there for them.”