Round of Applause for the HS Spring Musical

Miah-Reese Govan

After a ten minute intermission, students wait to view the second part of the show.

Miah-Reese Govan, Reporter

Winslow Township High School had a full dress rehearsal of their spring musical for NJHS and Student Government Association members of WTMS on May 18, 2022.

The students were dismissed to the middle school cafeteria during the beginning of first period, and the group walked to the school after the SGA and NJHS advisors checked the students in. The group arrived at the high school at around 9 A.M., and after the play, the students returned back to the school at around 11:30 A.M. during their 5th period.

”It was nice. I liked it. The lighting and everything, It just made me feel like I was watching an actual movie,” Leena Lotfi, an 8th grade member of the NJHS commented. “And the characters, the way they talked and stuff, it really fit their persona”

The high school performed “The Addams Family” for their spring production, and performed the entire play for the NJHS and SGA students, although due to a staff shortage, some of the instrumentalists in the musical pit, which included Mr. Nacamara, the choir teacher, and Mr. Garonzik, the band teacher, were unable to play during the production.

”[One of my favorite parts] probably has to be the dance numbers,” Zion Young, an 8th grade new member of the NJHS, stated.” They were clean, they were good. It made everything go together.”

Later this week, on May 19, 20, and 21, the rest of the students at the middle school, and other members of the community were allowed to see the musical at 7 P.M., and at 2 P.M. on the 21st. Some students that were members of the NJHS and SGA, went a second time as well. The full musical pit including some of the music teachers at the WTMS middle school played during these shows.

“[The best thing in the musical was] the music. That’s always my favorite part in musicals,” Zion claimed. “Like, it’s the music that gets me. It doesn’t always have to be the play.”