The Student News Site of Winslow Township Middle School

The Soaring Eagle

The Soaring Eagle

The Soaring Eagle

Polls

What should The Soaring Eagle add to their new site?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

HSA Hosts 8th Grade Glow Dance

On Friday, January 12, the Winslow Middle School Home and School Association hosted a Glow in the Dark themed dance for all 8th grade students.  The dance took place in the Middle School cafeteria from 6:30 to 8:30. 

The HSA featured on sale soft drinks, chips, and a special delivery from Domino’s pizza. Many teachers attended to assist with the dance, including Ms. Donohue, Mrs. Irvin, Ms. Miller, and Ms. Sampson. 

“The dance was really nice and the food was amazing, especially Domino’s pizza,” described 8th grader, Matteo Sales. 

Alicia Wilson added, “It was really fun and crazy, and overall I had a great time.”

During the dance, the dj played the latest hits and the HSA members sold various glow accessories to light the night.

“The glow swag was definitely a cool addition to the dance!  It looked really cool inside of the cafeteria with all of the lights, described Alicia Wilson. 

Additionally, Ms. Upsey, the Assistant Principal that oversees the 8th grade class, will be working with the Home and school association to bring up a new dance idea called the Spring Fling. 

“At the monthly class meeting, Ms. Upsey had wonderful things to say about the 8th grade class, overall.  She commended them on their overall behavior and wants to continue to plan dun events for them.  She even suggested a Mr. Softee day if the student’s worked hard on their state testing,” explained Mrs. Irvin, TV Production teacher.