The Student News Site of Winslow Township Middle School

The Soaring Eagle

The Soaring Eagle

The Soaring Eagle

Polls

What should The Soaring Eagle add to their new site?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

WTMS Students Take a Trip to WTHS

On Thursday, January 25th, the 8th-grade students here at WTMS went to the high school in search of their future electives and clubs. The first batch of students (Group A) left during the start of 1st period around 8:25 and returned during the near edge of 3rd period with Group B following after. 

The students who went saw many electives including TV production/Mass media, Drone Building, Graphic Design, Theatre, Marketing, and more.  Every elective had amazing students who explained why you should choose that elective next year.

“I enjoyed learning about all the classes I would be able to take and how it can push me to be a step closer to what or where I want to be in life,” explained Cayla Miller, an 8th-grade student. 

Garrett Young, 8th grade student, added,  “One thing I enjoyed the most was being able to walk around and find what fits you the best. This gave me a better opportunity to find my interest.” He went on to say, “The most interesting class that I visited on the HS trip? It was the drone program. It’s just like computer science but with more excitement and a better building process.”

The elective classes were defintely popular and created quite a buzz,  although it seemed like the “Drone and Robotics” classes were the big hit of the trip.

“I enjoyed the drones and robotics section! I loved the way they presented themselves and drew everybody in with their loving personalities. I also noticed with the Theater Program, how the previous plays we’ve seen at the WTH, the actors were the visuals for the program. They were confident and knew what they were talking about, “ describe Bobbi Hunter, 8th grade WTMS student. 

The students at WTMS currently participate in electives such as TV Production, STEM, Graphic Design, and Gaming and Coding among many others.  They get a chance to learn the basics and see what they might want to pursue when they get to high school, where the electives are more intense. 

“Most interesting was TV production because the room was full of expensive equipment.  They go into more depth and film games, and go on trips. Emmanuel also added, “I feel hopeful especially because of the sports teams there, especially the football and track teams.”

It seems here that the 8th grade students of WTMS loved the High School, and are excited for freshman year!